Y-A-L-E love all the way in Japan =]

Y-A-L-E love all the way in Japan =]

sábado, 22 de agosto de 2009

Tokyo: NO KACHI

*sorry to double-post. if you haven't yet, go check out the post right before this one, in which i get a little angry at a particular movie. and of course this is from my pink notebook*

Date Written: August 20th

I went into this summer with a lot of worries, expectations, uncertainties. One thing I wanted to challenge was Tokyo's famed comparison to New York City, especially in terms of me being able to live there. No previous city, no matter how big or small, could stand up to NY on my list of liveable cities. NY stood alone.

Near the end of my program, facebook would tell me about all my Yale friends who were back in their hometowns saying things like, "18 days til Yale!!!!" and "_____ is SOOO pumped to go back to Yale" and I realized I wasn't ready to leave yet. I love Yale almost more than anything, as you all know, but I didn't feel like my time in Tokyo was quite over yet.

And then I told Ming, "I could just stay here."

*cue Ming victory music*

Took me almost 2 and a half months to realize it, but Tokyo became such a big part of my life and heart that I found somewhere other than NY that I could actually call home for longer than a summer.

And hopefully one day I will.

Tokyo-win♥

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário